· Every glass of water brought to your table in a restaurant requires another 2 glasses of water to wash and rinse the glass.
· If everyone in the United States flushed the toilet just 1 less time per day, we could save a lake full of water about a mile long, a mile wide and 4 feet deep every day.
· Water is a precious commodity, and there is a limited supply in our community. Remember to use only the amount you actually need. Encourage tour family to keep looking for new ways to conserve water in and around your home.
· If you have a lawn, chances are it’s your biggest water expense. Typically, 50-70% of water consumed by households is used outdoors.
How much do we spend on water?
· The typical family of four spends $820 per year on water and sewer charges, but costs can be twice that or more in some places because of higher rates or greater lawn watering and other outdoor uses.